Auto accidents are always a cause for concern, be it a car accident or a motorcycle accident. But when they involve trucks, the stakes are even higher. That’s because trucks are much larger and heavier than passenger vehicles, and so a truck crash can be much more serious. One type of truck accident that can be particularly catastrophic is a rear end collision. The force of the impact can cause serious injuries to the occupants of the other vehicle, including fractures, spinal cord injury, and brain injury.
A Philadelphia rear-end truck accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve if you’ve been involved in this type of accident. They will fight for your rights and make sure that you get the full amount of money that you’re entitled to. So if you’ve been involved in a rear end collision with a truck, don’t hesitate to contact a lawyer to discuss your case.
The Best Philadelphia Rear-End Truck Accidents Lawyer
If you’re looking for the best Philadelphia rear-end truck accident lawyer, look no further than The Villari Firm. The law office’s personal injury attorney has been helping truck accident victims with their injuries and compensation claims for over two decades, lending their legal knowledge in the field along with their skills to help clients get maximum compensation for economic damages such as medical bills.
No matter how minor or severe your injuries may be, a Philadelphia rear-end truck accident attorney can help you through the legal process and get you the compensation you deserve. An accident lawyer understands the ins and outs of personal injury law and will give you the best legal advice to help you win your case. Don’t go through it alone. Schedule an appointment with The Villari Firm right this moment.
Why do I need a Philadelphia Rear End Truck Accident Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a rear-end truck accident, you know how devastating they can be. The injuries can be severe, and the compensation you’re entitled to can seem like a drop in the bucket compared to what you’ve lost. Worst, truck accidents can even lead to wrongful death which is even more devastating for your loved ones. That’s why it’s so important to have an experienced Philadelphia personal injury lawyer on your side.
The Villari Firm has been handling personal injury claims for over two decades, and we have a proven track record of success. The law firm’s personal injury lawyer know is well-versed in the legal process and will fight tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve. The personal injury attorney also gives you practical legal advice that will help you navigate the often confusing world of personal injury law.
Apart from these qualities, a Philadelphia rear-end truck accident attorney can provide clients with:
- Quality and aggressive representation should the truck accident case need to be taken to court
- Personalized strategies catered to your individual needs and circumstances
- Unwavering commitment to you and stopping at absolutely nothing to make sure you get the compensation you deserve
Don’t try to go through this process alone. Contact The Villari Firm today and let an attorney help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
What Are Rear-End Truck Accidents?
Just like car accidents, truck accidents occur in a number of ways. The possibilities are almost limitless, ranging from head-on collisions at high speeds to fender benders. However, one of the most common kinds of car accidents is rear-ended collisions. In most cases, the driver who rear-ends the leading vehicle is legally responsible for the damages caused by the collision, but certain factors can play a role in determining liability.
If you have been involved in a rear-end truck accident, it can be quite daunting and confusing to know what to do next. Remember to not deal with anything on your own or you could find yourself settling for less. Contact a Philadelphia rear-end truck accident attorney who can review your case, negotiate with insurance companies and get you the compensation you need.
How Is Liability Established in Rear-End Truck Accidents?
Every driver on the road is obligated to maintain a safe distance between themselves and other vehicles, which varies depending on vehicle speed, road conditions, and many other factors. Negligent drivers break this duty. As a result, the driver of the trailing vehicle that rear-ends the leading vehicle will almost always be found to be at least partially responsible for the accident.
However, it is also possible for the driver of the vehicle that is rear-ended to be careless, such as when:
- Brake lights malfunction
- The driver shifts into reverse
- Hitting the brakes without any reason
- Mechanical issues occur while driving and the vehicle isn’t moved to the side
So, what happens when two drivers share responsibility for an accident? The laws, which are based on contributory and comparative negligence, vary from state to state.
How Does One Get Compensation in a Rear-End Collision?
In the majority of rear-end collisions, the driver of the vehicle behind the lead driver will be legally liable for the lead driver’s financial damages. Since it is typically simple to estimate the lead vehicle’s repair costs, many auto insurance companies quickly reimburse those costs.
However, there is frequently a problem with paying for the medical bills of the lead driver. This is due to the fact that whiplash and back injuries are common personal injuries resulting from rear-end collisions and are difficult to quantify due to the fact that they do not always appear on diagnostic examinations.
How Is Negligence Proven In Rear-End Collisions?
Negligence is the primary source or theory of liability in trucking accidents, just as it is in the majority of personal injury cases involving motor vehicles. As a result, a commercial truck accident victim must demonstrate:
- Driver, trucking companies, or other defendant owed the plaintiff the obligation to exercise reasonable care to prevent injury in the circumstances. Every driver on the road owes a legal duty of reasonable care to passengers, pedestrians, and other drivers.
- Defendant did not comply with the duty of reasonable care or failed to exercise such reasonable care, leading to the commercial vehicle accident.
- The plaintiff was injured as a result of the defendant’s failure to exercise care.
- The plaintiff incur damages such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you have gotten into a truck crash, look no further than a Philadelphia truck accident attorney from a reputable law firm to help sort matters out. The Villari Firm will fight for your right to get the compensation you deserve, be it for economic damages or non economic damages.
Are There Any Special Considerations in Rear End Truck Accidents?
When large commercial trucks, particularly big rigs, are driven on highways and roads, they pose unique risks that do not apply to regular passenger vehicles:
- Jackknifing: When they suddenly brake and turn, large vehicles like 18-wheelers are more likely to jackknife under certain conditions. The driver of a jackknifed truck as well as other potential defendants, may not be held responsible for the accident if the jackknifing was caused by an unanticipated slipperiness of the road, an abrupt turn to avoid a motorist, or a stalled truck.
- Accidents Associated with Turning: It can be difficult to turn commercial trucks, often requiring two lanes to turn right. Although this is not always a clear case of negligence, some courts have ruled that driving a big rig in this manner can establish negligence on the truck driver’s end.
Call our Philadelphia Rear-End Truck Accidents Lawyer Now!
Trucks are an essential part of transportation as these vehicles help deliver important products and goods. Given their size, they are not only more prone to accident cases but can cause significant, catastrophic damage to those around them, much more so compared to a motor vehicle accident and a car accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a trucking accident, it is best to get in touch with a Philadelphia rear-end truck accident attorney from The Villari Firm. A Philadelphia personal injury lawyer will help you sort matters out and get your life back on track. Schedule an appointment right now.