Heidi G. Villari
Heidi G. Villari is the principal shareholder of The Villari Firm, LLC, a personal injury law firm representing plaintiffs in personal injury, birth injury, medical malpractice, premises liability, product liability, and wrongful death actions. She has over 20 years of trial experience representing people who are catastrophically injured. Ms. Villari is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey and actively practices personal injury law in both states. However, her primary office is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where she was born and raised.
While she has experience in many types of injury law, Ms. Villari most enjoys handling cases where children have been injured. She believes that the work done in pediatric cases can greatly improve the lives of innocent children who have been harmed.
Ms. Villari has obtained over $130 million in settlements and awards during her time as a personal injury lawyer. One of Ms. Villari’s most notable successes is an $11 million jury verdict in Buck County, Pennsylvania, involving a woman who suffered a tear during childbirth, causing urinary and fecal incontinence. She also achieved an $8 million result in a helicopter crash case that caused partial paralysis of her client. Other notable settlements include a $20 million settlement for an obstetrical injury and a $12 million settlement in a bus accident case.
Ms. Villari’s legal career has been diverse. She first practiced law on the defense side, where she was one of the first female partners. She then switched to the plaintiff side of personal injury law, where her focus included catastrophic loss, wrongful death, and medical malpractice. Ms. Villari’s diverse training, legal experience, and aggressive approach have resulted in several favorable outcomes for clients.
Ms. Villari is on the Board of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association. She served as a Judge Pro Tempore for Philadelphia County and is a Hearing Committee Member for the Disciplinary Board of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Ms. Villari has earned the Clients’ choice award for AVVO with a top rating, and for the last two years, received Pennsylvania’s Top 50: Women Super Lawyers. She is also a member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Philadelphia Bar Association, and the Justinian Society.
Outside her work as a personal injury lawyer, Ms. Villari frequently teaches fellow attorneys through continuing education courses and enjoys spending time with her son.
Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Success Stories
Some of Ms. Villari’s other personal injury, medical malpractice, and birth injury successes include:
- $9,750,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case for a cardiac patient who became blind post-surgery;
- $6,500,000 settlement for failure to diagnose cancer leading to blindness;
- $5,000,000 settlement in a birth injury case for a baby who was born prematurely. During the child’s respiratory distress, providers delayed intervention and failed to intubate correctly or execute a timely transfer;
- $5,000,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case involving a medically inadequate surgery on a child born with a genetic heart condition and pulmonary atresia resulting in permanent brain injury;
- $4,000,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case against a satellite location of a hospital for improperly intubating a young child;
- $2,300,000 settlement in an adverse drug interaction case;
- $1,750,000 settlement in an amusement park case involving a client who suffered serious a neck injury on a waterslide;
- $1,000,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case for kidney damage from administering a medication off-label without medically appropriate follow-up care;
- $1,000,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case for surgical error resulting in the death of a 74-year-old;
- $750,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case involving medication errors, resulting in severe injuries;
- $700,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case for negligent diagnosis and treatment, resulting in death;
- $675,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case for injuries sustained from a vascular surgical error;
- $550,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case for injuries sustained from a colonoscopy and negligent follow-up diagnosis and care; and
- Several confidential seven-figure settlements in birth injury and premises liability cases.
If you want representation for a medical malpractice, birth injury, personal injury, or wrongful death action, call Ms. Villari today at 267-388-9429.
Admitted to Practice
- Pennsylvania (1998)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
Widener University Commonwealth Law School
Bachelor of Arts
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Justinian Society
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Directors)
- Philadelphia Lawyers’ Club
- Avvo Clients Choice Award for 2019
- 10 out of 10 “Superb” rating by Avvo.com
- Top Attorney for All Personal Injury Matters (2017)
Suburban Life Magazine
- Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America
- Super Lawyers® (2017 – Present)
- Top Attorney in Pennsylvania (2018)
- Best of Philadelphia