Aviation Accident Attorney in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Airplane and aviation accidents result in some of the most shocking, painful, and devastating tragedies imaginable. These tragedies are uncommon but can happen even with large commercial airlines and private and charter planes. Aviation accidents are not limited to plane crashes and other disasters; injuries to passengers inside planes and events on and around the tarmac can all result in serious injuries or death.
Aviation accident lawsuits involve complicated legal and factual issues. Your attorney must determine the cause of the accidents, establish negligence and causation, and determine which laws will apply and which courts have jurisdiction. As a result, you must select an aviation accident attorney in Philadelphia who is uniquely qualified to handle these types of cases.
Pilots and passengers injured in aviation accidents at Philadelphia International Airport may be able to seek compensation. Our Philadelphia aviation accident lawyers at The Villari Firm provide experienced counsel regarding your unique situation, assisting you in taking the first step in seeking compensation for your injuries or the loss of a loved one.
If you want to discover how we can help you obtain compensation and justice after your aviation accident, reach out to our airplane accident lawyer now!
Why do I need an Aviation Accident Lawyer in Pennsylvania?
Accidents involving aircraft are among the most terrifying events in the world. Whether you were injured in a commercial airliner, a private plane, or a helicopter, getting the compensation you deserve will require effort and perseverance. You will face opposition every step of the way. It doesn’t help that the legal issues and federal aviation laws that may apply to your situation are complex.
We understand that you don’t have the time or energy to deal with a complicated legal claim right now. You don’t have to fight for compensation on your own, thankfully. Hiring an experienced aviation accident lawyer can give you the time you need to recover. It can also help to level the playing field and increase the chances of obtaining meaningful compensation.
For decades, The Villari Firm has worked tirelessly to assist personal injury victims throughout Philadelphia. We’re also here for you if you’ve been injured in an aviation accident at Philadelphia International Airport or near Philadelphia County. We will, among other things,
- Investigate your aviation accident to determine the cause and liability
- Recover damages from all responsible parties.
- Assess the value of your case and work closely with leading aviation accident experts and medical professionals.
- Stand up to insurers and large corporations who will do anything to prevent you from receiving the compensation you deserve
- Aggressively fight for the maximum damage you are legally entitled to
- Represent you in court proceedings if settlement negotiations will not be reached
We will do everything we can to make the process as simple as possible for you. Call our Philadelphia personal injury lawyer today!
What are Aviation Accidents?
Annex 13 of the Convention on International Civil Aviation has a precise definition for the term “aviation accident.” According to this definition, an aviation accident occurs when a person is seriously injured or killed on an aircraft between boarding and disembarking or when the plane goes missing. Exceptions to this definition include self-inflicted, inflicted by others, or natural causes of injury or death.
Suppose you have witnessed aviation accidents reported in the media or been involved in one. In that case, you may have some questions regarding who is responsible for those incidents when they occur. And you may wonder what your legal options and the best course of action are.
The most important thing to do right after your accident is to reach out to a Philadelphia aviation accident attorney, and they can take your case from there.
What Count as Aviation Accident Cases?
There are many different types of aviation accidents, including the following:
- Commercial Aviation Accidents
- Non-Commercial Aviation Accidents
- Charter Flight Accidents
- Helicopter Accidents
- Skydiving Accidents
- Hang Gliding Accidents
- Military Aircraft Accidents
What are the Common Causes of Aviation Accidents in Philadelphia?
A variety of factors contribute to aviation accidents. An aviation accident law firm with unquestionable experience and thorough investigative tactics is required to investigate such crashes effectively.
- Pilot errors
- Mechanical errors and airplane malfunctions
- Air traffic controller errors
- Poor aircraft maintenance
- Inadequately trained personnel
- Inadequate safety precautions
- Faulty equipment
- Federal Aviation Administration regulations violations
- Poor weather conditions
- Electrical malfunction
- Defective aircraft or equipment
- Structural or design problems
- Defective runways
The vast majority of aircraft accidents involve small or private planes or helicopters. The Villari Firm has a team of highly qualified Philadelphia aviation accident lawyers dedicated to evaluating your claim and assisting you in the entire process.
What are the Common Aviation Accident Injuries?
Our aviation accident attorneys in Philadelphia are ready to assist you in pursuing financial compensation for all of the injuries you sustained in an aviation accident, including the following:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Crushing injury
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injury
- Neck injury
- Eye injury
- Other catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
We understand that any injury, no matter how severe or minor, can change your life forever. Contact our Philadelphia aviation accidents law firm to learn how we might be able to assist you in recovering the compensation you require to get back on your feet.
How is Liability Determined in Aviation Accidents?
Determining liability is one of the most important aspects of any legal case in which a victim is injured. In aviation cases, several people may be held responsible for the injuries sustained. Our team of aviation accidents attorney at The Villari Firm understands how to prove liability and what factors must be considered to assist an injured victim in seeking compensation following an accident.
- A Duty of Care – To establish liability, it is necessary to demonstrate that the negligent party owed a duty of care to keep the victim or victims safe. In the case of aviation accidents, this means that the individual or company has a responsibility to ensure the safety of all passengers before the flight departs.
- A breach in the Duty of Care – The burden of proving a breach of the duty of care remains. For example, consider a pilot with a duty of care to perform safety checks. If the pilot fails to complete their check, it can be demonstrated that they violated their duty to provide care.
- The breach resulted in an Accident – It is not enough to demonstrate that the responsible party breached their duty of care; it must also be shown that the violation resulted in an airplane crash. An example of this would be improper maintenance in which a plane or helicopter is not properly fueled and crashes due to a lack of fuel. This means that the accident was caused by a failure to provide care.
- The Accident Directly Caused the Injury – As with car accidents, it must be demonstrated that the accident directly caused the injuries sustained. As this shows liability in aviation accidents, the victims may be able to take legal action against the responsible party.
Our Philadelphia aviation accident attorneys assist injury victims and decedents’ families in pursuing legal action when they are most in need.
Who Maybe Liable for an Aviation Accident?
It can be challenging to determine who is to blame for an aviation accident. But you can seek compensation from anyone responsible for your injuries under Pennsylvania’s modified comparative fault rules. As a result, you may be able to seek compensation from anyone careless.
Depending on the circumstances, any, some, or all of the parties listed below may be partially or entirely liable for economic and non-economic damages:
- Airline companies
- Aircraft owners
- Aircraft and equipment manufacturers
- Air traffic controllers
- Airline staff
- Airport staff
- Private plane owners
- Government agencies
To fight for you, you will need legal advice from an aviation accident lawyer with decades of legal experience. Victories speak volumes, as do our clients’ firsthand testimonials.
What Compensation Can Be Awarded in Philadelphia?
While no amount of money can undo the chaos and damage caused by an aviation accident, you will need experienced Philadelphia aviation accident lawyers on your side to provide the knowledge and resources required to hold those responsible accountable. Damages are highly high and include, but are not limited to
- Hospital and medical bills
- Nursing care
- Emotional distress, including PTSD, depression, and anxiety
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages and income
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
What is the Aviation Accident Statute of Limitation in Pennsylvania?
In general, you have two years from your Philadelphia aviation accident date to file a lawsuit for damages.
Depending on the specifics of your case, you may have more or less time to act. For example, if you don’t notice your injury right away or if you were a minor when you were injured, you may have more time to file a claim. The statute of limitation does not begin until the victim reaches the age of 18. Suppose you want to file a claim against a government agency. In that case, however, you must initially file a notice of intent to sue within six months.
One thing is certain – if you wait too long to assert your rights, you will lose the ability to recover compensation. Do not allow this to happen. Call The Villari Firm immediately after your aviation accident and ask for our legal advice and assistance. We can begin working on your case and fight to ensure that your rights are protected.
Call our Competent Aviation Accident Lawyer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Now!
When a member of one’s family is flying in an airplane, the possibility of an accident is low on anyone’s list of concerns. However, flying always involves risks, and accidents do happen. When this occurs, the victims and the families of those victims require the assistance of a competent Philadelphia aviation accident attorney.
Suppose an aviation accident has taken the life of a loved one or resulted in severe injuries; making an informed decision can result in the most compensation. Money will never truly compensate for loss and trauma, but it can help on the road to recovery.
Get further information and a free consultation with a trusted aviation accident attorney in Philadelphia, PA. We can walk you through your legal rights and explain what is in your best interests. Call us today!